Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Off the Needles: Square and Stripe


Looking for a fast, fun knit that fits great?? Square and Stripe by Veera Välimäki totally fits the bill! I love, love, love how it turned out!

The stripes and slipped-stitch seams were perfect for keeping this interesting, while not slowing me down!

The shoulder shaping was new to me, and I love how the fitted drop shoulders turned out.


Perfect for date night, or thrown on with yoga pants to get all comfy. I love the "seams" and simple stripes. The slim arms totally balance out the blocky body so that you don't feel lost in the sweater (or even worse, like you gained 10 pounds when you put it on!)I used Rowan felted tweed for my yarn, and while it started about a bit scratchy, it has really softened up now that it has been washed and blocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment