Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Blanket for Olive Rose


Photograph by the very talented Stephanie Bassos
Her blanket is ready, and eagerly awaiting her arrival...as are we!


Olive's Blanket
(adapted from the Purl Bee's Super Easy Baby Blanket)
//Ingredients//
US 7 circular needles (I suggest 32" or longer)
10-50 gram balls worsted weight superwash yarn, 110 yards each
I used... KnitPicks:
Wool of the Andes Superwash in Fairytale, Rouge, Brass Heather, Delft Heather, Pampas Heather, Noble Heather, and Almond. 
And Swish Supeerwash in Sugar Plum, Dove Heather, and Marble Heather
A darning needle for sewing in the ends

//Method//
Cast on 150 stitches in the color of your choice.
Work the entire blanket in garter stitch, knitting every row.
I hate to waste yarn, so I knit as far as I could with each color of yarn. The only thing you need to make sure of is that the yarn you have left will get you thru so you can change colors on the edge (not in the middle of the blanket) and that you always change colors on the same side! When working garter stitch, there will be a "stripe" on one side of your color change. I always thing of this as the "wrong side." And you want it to be uniform for the whole blanket.
I also slipped the first stitch of each row knitwise (except the rows that I was changing colors), so that I have a really tidy edge.
These little steps take the simplicity of a garter stitch blanket and keep it looking really neat and well put together, instead of too "homemade."

Use up all 10 skeins and then bind off! Weave in your ends. Wash in a baby friendly detergent and lay flat to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment