Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Off the Needles: Climb Journey


from Journey


These socks were a great knit! I would highly recommend the pattern for any knitter. If you've never knit socks before, the pattern is really simple and easy to follow. The most complicated part would be the Turkish Cast-On, which Jane Richmond made a great video tutorial for! The yarn recommendation is also spot on. KnitPicks stroll sock yarn is soft, beautifully dyed, and machine washable! So many of my wool socks don't get the wear they would if I didn't have to hand wash them :)

 

also from Journey


I used Shepherds Wool in Worsted Weight, which just happens to be my favorite yarn ever! It is incredibly soft (serious squishy factor going on), with great stitch definition. I chose the color Pewter for it's versatility.


All my notes are on Ravelry, but the only modification I made was adding another repeat of the stitch patterns! This pattern definitely rates amongst my favorite all time patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment