Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Babies, puppies, and knitting...

Babies, puppies and knitting-pretty much sums it up!
With less than 8 weeks to go (hopefully), I finally let myself start the baby knitting! That is only about half my belly trying to photobomb up there! We are having a little girl in March, and my sister-in-law inspired me to cast on for the insanely simple Super Easy Baby Blanket from the Purl Bee.

I ended up adjusting the pattern to fit my needs. I cast on 150 stitches instead of the recommended 130. I am also just using up each skein per stripe, which gives me about 17 garter stitch ridges per section. I already know I am going to need to order more yarn. I am using the superwash Wool of the Andes from KnitPicks, and with my added width and reduced height, 7 skeins isn't going to be enough. It will be fun to pick out some more colors though!

The puppy sleeping next to me is our 3 month old Chug named Fargo. We are the crazy people who decided it would be an awesome idea to get a puppy during my 3rd trimester. We are head over heels for the little guy and can't wait for him to be besties with our girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment